MyURemote: the Remote Control App for your BOSE lifestyle multiroom system.
- Control your Bose lifestyle and all the devices connected with it.
- All additional rooms integrated in 1 uniform interface.
- Supports display with live feedback.
- Add recognizable labels to your Rooms, Inputs and Scenarios, so that buttons are familiar.
- Replace your broken remote control with this app. MyURemote is the ideal replacement when the original lifestyle remote does not work anymore.
Compatible Lifestyle Systems and Bose link amplifiers:
- Bose Lifestyle T10, T20, V25, V35, 135, 235, 525, 535
- Bose Lifestyle 135II, 235II, 525II, 535II
- Bose Lifestyle Soundtouch 135, 235, 525, 535
- Bose Soundtouch SA2, SA3, SA4, SA5
- Bose Soundtouch 10, 20, 30, 120, 130
- Bose Lifestyle 18,28,38,48 (>2002)
- Bose Lifestyle V30, V40
- click here for Bose lifestyle 40 – 50
What do you need?
- Smartphone or tablet (Android or Apple) or PC
- Home Network
- Controller (iTach, iTach Flex or GC100 models) with serial output(RS232) (e.g. (recommended) Global Caché itach IP2SL, Buy it fi on amazon
-note: – don’t buy too much!: you also need Flex Serial cable only with iTach Flex (not with GC100 or iTach IP2SL/WF2SL)!
- RS232 connector to mini jack connector (click image to enlarge)
How does it work?
- When tapping a command button (for instance “PLAY”), MyURemote sends the command to your controller.
- The controller (fi Global Cache itach IP2SL) addresses its serial port and passes your command to the Bose lifestyle.
- The command is executed by the Bose or forwards it to the connected device (via the Bose IR eye).
How do I connect my Bose with my tablet or smartphone? Physcial connection
- Connect the controller with your LAN. If a wired connection is not possible you may use a WiFi model for example WF2SL. Click here if you need more information how to configure the wireless controllers of Global Caché
- Connect the Bose Lifestyle with the serial output of your Global Caché via the RS232 to mini Jack connector.
Lifestyle 18, 28, 38, 48, V30 and V40 connections:
Configuration of MyURemote with Global Caché controller.
Take the following steps:
- Define your Bose lifestyle.
- Define your tabs (for each room a tab).
MyURemote automatically detects your serial controller and configures it ready to use. Once the app is running on your tablet/smartphone it takes 60 seconds to discover your network.
You can now proceed configuration on your smartphone, tablet, or even your PC. click here to go to the configuration panel.
2- Define your Bose lifestyle.
- Goto SETTINGS.
- Wait a few minutes while MyURemote discovers your network
- Click on “Devices”.
- Click the “+” icon.
- Label your Bose lifestyle: This can be “Bose lifestyle 535 zone A”.
- Select the brand and
- select the type of your Bose Lifestyle (+ the zone you want to configure) in the dropdownlist.”.
- SAVE your device.
- Select the controller that connects your Bose Lifestyle with your network (this can be a IP2SL or a GC100 or a Flex).
- MyURemote is able to discover you controllers automatically, but you can also add a controller manually:
- Click the SAVE button.
3- Define your Zones.
- Click on “Zones” and add a new zone.
- Select an icon for your zone.
- Add any label (This can be the name of the room you want to use the tab for: fi “Living”)
- Select in the Amplifier dropdown-list the Bose lifestyle zone you want this tab to use for.
- If you have a television on that room add this to your setup.
- Click the SAVE button.
- Add your inputs
- The configuration of Bose lifestyle systems differs clearly from conventional AV setups. Here is the Bose lifestyle the amplifier and the IR-controller. Therefore you select as Input device always the TAB’s amplifier (In our example this is “Bose zone Living room”. See text in orange here above)
- Label your devices and select the input they’re connected with.