MyURemote: the Remote Control App for your BOSE lifestyle multiroom system.
- Control your Bose lifestyle and all the devices connected with it.
- All additional rooms integrated in 1 uniform interface.
- Supports display with live feedback.
- Add recognizable labels to your Rooms, Inputs and Scenarios, so that buttons are familiar.
Compatible Lifestyle Systems and Bose link amplifiers:
- Bose Lifestyle T10, T20, V25, V35, 135, 235, 525, 535
- Bose Lifestyle 135II, 235II, 525II, 535II
- Bose Lifestyle Soundtouch 135, 235, 525, 535
- Bose Soundtouch SA2, SA3, SA4, SA5
- Bose Soundtouch 10, 20, 30, 120, 130
- Bose Lifestyle 18,28,38,48 (>2002)
- Bose Lifestyle V30, V40
- click here for Bose lifestyle 40 – 50
What do you need?
- Smartphone or tablet (Android or Apple) or PC
- Home Network
- Controller (iTach, iTach Flex or GC100 models) with serial output(RS232) (fi (recommended) Global Caché itach IP2SL, Buy it fi on amazon
-note: – don’t buy too much!: you also need Flex Serial cable only with iTach Flex (not with GC100 or iTach IP2SL/WF2SL)!
- RS232 connector to mini jack connector (click image to enlarge)
How does it work?
- When tapping a command button (for instance “PLAY”), MyURemote sends the command to your controller.
- The controller (fi Global Cache itach IP2SL) addresses its serial port and passes your command to the Bose lifestyle.
- The command is executed by the Bose or forwards it to the connected device (via the Bose IR eye).
How do I connect my Bose with my tablet or smartphone? Physcial connection
- Connect the controller with your LAN. If a wired connection is not possible you may use a WiFi model for example WF2SL. Click here if you need more information how to configure the wireless controllers of Global Caché
- Connect the Bose Lifestyle with the serial output of your Global Caché via the RS232 to mini Jack connector.
Lifestyle 18, 28, 38, 48, V30 and V40 connections:
Configuration of MyURemote with Global Caché controller.
Take the following steps:
- Define your Bose lifestyle.
- Define your tabs (for each room a tab).
MyURemote automatically detects your serial controller and configures it ready to use. Once the app is running on your tablet/smartphone it takes 60 seconds to discover your network.
You can now proceed configuration on your smartphone, tablet, or even your PC. click here to go to the configuration panel.
2- Define your Bose lifestyle.
- Goto SETTINGS.
- Click on “Add device”.
- Select the type of your Bose Lifestyle (+ the zone you want to configure) in the dropdownlist.”.
- Select the controller and connector to which your bose lifestyle is connected.
- Label your Bose lifestyle: This can be “Bose zone Living room”.
- Click the SAVE button.
- Your Bose lifestyle as well as the audio – video sources connected with it are now configured by MyURemote.
3- Define your Zones.
- Click on “My Zones”.
- Add any label (This can be the name of the room you want to use the tab for: fi “Livingroom”)
- Select “Audio – Video” layout.
- Select in the Amplifier dropdown-list the Bose lifestyle zone you want this tab to use for. This can be for example “Bose zone Living room”.
- Click the SAVE button.
- The configuration of Bose lifestyle systems differs clearly from conventional AV setups. Here is the Bose lifestyle the amplifier and the IR-controller. Therefore you select as Input device always the TAB’s amplifier (In our example this is “Bose zone Living room”. See text in orange here above)
- Label your devices and select the input they’re connected with.
Now you can use your smart device with your Bose lifestyle system. There MyURemote is cloud based, all the settings you’ve done will be loaded once you’ve started MyURemote and logged in.
————————- Enjoy MyURemote ————————-
About zone O:
With a zone O cable it is possible to use your ‘old’ existing amplifier as multiroom amp. (you need bose ref.: 24536 zone O cable: costs about 20$). But note that:
– Select “Lifestyle 525, 535, V25, V35 zone O.
– Only Power and Source feedback (no Volume)
– it takes about 30 seconds to turn ON (from tha ALL OFF status)
– Turn OFF only by turning of the connected amplifier.
how to combine Bose Soundtouch and Bose Link with SA4:
With MyURemote one can use the SA4 just like the SA2 and SA3 amplifier as Bose Link amplifier. The this documentation explains how you can use the SA4 as Soundtouch (streaming) player and the same time as Bose Soundlink multi-room amplifier.
The figure below shows which connections are used with Bose link and Bose soundtouch.
The Dataline switch determines which system (Soundtouch or Link) you want to hear.
To switch the sources with a contact closure (fi GC100/12)
- Switch to Bose Link: connect Link-Dataline through (Soundtouch dataline may still connected)
- Switch to Bose Soundtouch: Set Bose link OFF (zone OFF)! Switch Link-Dataline off. (Soundtouch dataline is still connected)
Here you find more info about Bose Link